AIHR for the 1st time is introducing “General knowledge Quiz” for young dynamic kids whose brain power is as big as universe. (Age 7- 14)
Venue: Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown, 700 Monticello Ave, Norfolk, VA 23510
Date & Time: Oct 29th, 2016 between 12:30PM to 1:00PM
Registration: Not Required
There are 2 levels of Quiz competition.
- JQ (Junior Quiz): Age 7- 10
- SQ (Senior Quiz): Age 11-14
- Quiz (JQ and SQ) are held in two phases: Phase I (written) and Phase II (oral). Parents are not allowed in Phase I. They may be allowed in Phase II at the discretion of the judges, if the space permits.
Phase I (Written)
- Phase I is a written test with 25 questions. All contestants will get the same 25 questions.
- The contestants will have 30 minutes to complete Phase I.
- Unclear and illegible writing might be open for misinterpretation. So, contestants are expected to write clearly and legibly. The decision of the judges is final.
- There will NOT be any partial credits. There will be NO negative points for any incorrect answer. The contestant will be awarded one point for the correct answer and zero for an incorrect answer.
- All Phase I sheets shall be returned at the end of the contest.
- Top Ten contestants from each level (JQ and SQ) will advance to Phase II (oral round).
Phase II (Oral)
- Phase II contains 5 oral rounds.
- During this phase, the pronouncer announces the question. The contestant is not allowed to ask the judges any information on the question. The contestant is allowed 30 seconds to provide his/her choice of the answer. The judges may award zero points to any contestant who ignores a request to start giving an answer.
- During each of the five rounds, each contestant gets a new question from the list. If a contestant gives an incorrect answer, the judges provide the correct answer. The next contestant will be given a new question from the list.
- The contestant will be awarded one point for the correct answer and zero for an incorrect answer.
Based on the combined scores from both phases, the judges will determine the winners. The 1st place winner shall be ahead by at least one point to be declared as the champion.
- Quiz winners will be awarded on the day of the event at INDIA FEST on 11/12/2016t VB convention center at 4Pm
- The tiebreaker rules apply ONLY if there are at least 5 or more contestants participating in a contest and at the discretion of the judges/regional coordinator.
Based on the scores from Ph I (questions 1-25) and Ph II (5 questions) for a combined total of 30, if there is a tie, the scheme outlined below is followed in the order given, to break the ties:
- Phase I score among questions 1-25
- Phase I score among questions 21-25
- Phase I score among questions 16-20
- Phase I score among questions 11-15
- Phase I score among questions 1-10
- If the above steps fail to break the tie in question, the foundation may use additional measures to resolve them or award joint ranks
For more information please contact -
Sanjeev Sagar/ Vasanth Hathwar/ Krishna Murthy/ Dan viar
Talent Promotion Team, INDIA FEST
Disclaimer: AIHR reserves the right to make any changes to a contest or cancel a contest. AIHR reserves the right to cancel India Fest or change the date or any format or item of the INDIA FEST event.