AIHR want to recognize the talent of our young generation of Hampton Roads by giving them an opportunity to showcase their talent in “Public Speaking”.This event is open to Middle and High school kids only. Maximum of 7 entries are allowed in each category.
Registration for middle school category is full. You will be placed on the waiting list and are not guaranteed to perform.
- On the day of the contest, each participant will sign in at least an hour before the actual competition.
- The topic will be given one hour before the competion
- The participant will be allowed to use their electronic devices to research the topic and come up with a speech no more than 3-minutes. During the presentation in front of the judges, they are allowed to use one side of the index card where they can write down notes, quotes, facts etc.
- The judges will look for all the components that are expected in an effective public speech (facts, quotes, introduction, body and conclusion, body language and voice modulation etc.)
- Two winners will be selected in each of the category and awarded prize
- AIHR cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- In all matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
Judging Criteria: A panel of judges will review the entries in each category, based on the following criteria:
- Originality and relevance of content.
- Delivery of speech.
Senthil Kumar Rajasekaran
Phone - 248-672-4003
Email - email@example.com
Venue: Hindu Temple of Hampton Road, 217 Sampson Creek Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322.
Date & Time: October 21st, 2018 at 9:45 AM.
Award Ceremony: – At India Fest on November 10, 2018.
AIHR reserves the right to make any changes to a contest or cancel a contest.
AIHR reserves the right to cancel India Fest or change the date or any format or item of the INDIA FEST event.